Opera is “the other good browser”, besides Mozilla Firefox. Free to use, available on almost all platforms. And it has a ton of features:
* Available accesskeys are now listed when entering accesskey mode with Shift+Escape.
* “Save as HTML file with images” now uses a folder for external files.
* Cookie site preferences now override globally disabled cookies.
* Bookmarks exported to HTML are now in the Netscape Bookmark File Format, making them compatible with Yahoo bookmarks, Scuttle, MyBookmarks, etc.
* When enabling the status bar, link and form tooltips will not show the URL address anymore, and will display the content of the title attribute without the “Title: ” prefix.
* Several content blocker fixes.
* Some plug-in content will now require you to click before you can interact with it.
* Changing alignment of mail headers no longer causes headers to overlap or disappear.
* Fix for font preferences being ignored when restarting Opera.
* Double-click to select words now doesn’t select punctuation.
* Temporary download directory used for opening files in external applications can now be modified in opera:config.
* window.moveTo and window.resizeTo are now supported, as well as window.close.
* widget.setPreferenceForKey for Widgets now works.
* Fixed unwarranted security violation errors.
* Any [plugin] and [java] tags must now be inside the [content] tag, which itself should be inside the [security] tag.
Messaging and newsfeeds
* Several IMAP fixes including improved drag/drop from IMAP trash.
* Opening images in mail by right-clicking the image now works.
* Improved handling of percentage heights on tables.
* Stand-alone images are now centered on the page; image.css is read again.
* User set encoding is now window and site specific.
* Baseline for CJK characters is now correct.
* Fixed animation speed of animated GIF images.
* XHTML mobile profile rendering is fixed.
* Fix for missing marker on floated list items.
* Fix for display: block; on button elements.
* background-position can now accept positions larger than 2047px.
* Added support for DOM level 2 Style Sheets and associated parts of DOM level 2 CSS.
* Added support for the CONTENTEDITABLE attribute and contentEditable property.
* Several improvements to behavior of designMode.
* Added support for Audio.loop.
* Improved handling of mouse events passing through clipped or overflowed (or otherwise transparent) regions of an element.
* Added support for document.charset and document.characterSet.
* Improved handling of offsetTop, offsetLeft and offsetParent.
* Improved SVG performance for dynamic changes.
* Allowed SVGMatrix to be read/write.
* Added smallcaps support.
* Support panning.
* Fixed handling of gradientTransform attribute when gradientUnits is objectBoundingBox.
* Support keyboard navigation in SVG.
* Several fixes for Web Forms 2.0 stepping.
* Improved display of date inputs.
* Multiple stability fixes.
* International MSI installer:
o Installer should now pick up the system locale and configure Opera with that locale if the language is supported by Opera.
o Now has 30 languages in one package: The international MSI package contains US English, Japanese, German, Polish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Latin-American and European Spanish, Canadian and European French, Italian, Norwegian bokmÃ¥l and nynorsk, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Korean, Brazilian and European Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Turkisk, Punjabi, Croatian, Lithuanian, Frisian, and Georgian.
o Note: Norwegian nynorsk, Punjabi, Canadian French, Frisian, Georgian, and Lithuanian are not supported during installation. On first startup, go to Tools > Preferences > General and use the drop-down to switch to one of these languages.
* Several NTLM fixes.