Paint.NET is a photo and image editing tool designed for computers running Microsoft Windows XP or Windows 2000. It serves the digital imaging community as a free alternative to the standard paint application included with Windows. It brings powerful features to the desktop, a myriad of special effects, plug-in extensibility, and layer manipulation. It enhances the image editing experience for tablet owners with Windows XP Tablet Ink support. Digital photographers and artists can enhance their images with features and effects such as levels adjustment, cross-layer cloning, anti-aliased tools, motion blur, and red eye removal.
Changes in this release:
* New: New default color palette (you may have to use “Reset to default palette” to see it)
* Finished: Help file is now up-to-date for 3.0.
* Finished: UI translations for Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portugese, and Spanish. Note: Help file is still English-only.
* Fixed: Status bar was not displaying help text for tools on first click
* Fixed: “Rotate Image” was hanging
* Fixed: Crash in installer when /createMsi was used
* Fixed: “ScratchSurface already borrowed…” crash fixed in several places
* Fixed: Spacebar was not activating command link buttons
* Fixed: Zoom dropdown was not always working when set to “100%” in some specific cases