Opera is a free, light and above all good browser. Mozilla Firefox is slow compared to Opera, and the Opera pop-up blocker just works, where in Firefox that isnâ€™t always the case. If you have a website, and if you use the web seriously, you should have Opera installed on your computer. The one thing is doesnâ€™t have: extensions â€¦
* Changed keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + 0-9 to call speed dial entries. Panel activation shortcuts moved to Ctrl + Shift + 0-9
* Kiosk mode defaults to not displaying Speed Dial. Added new kioskmode switch kioskspeeddial to enable feature.
* Added thumbnails on hover in Windows panel.
* Added support for automatic search from address bar when entering more than one word.
* Start bar disabled by default.
* Added support for animated GIF images in skins.
Mail, messaging, and newsfeeds
* IRC /quit messages now work properly.
* Transfer status on IRC improved.
Display and scripting
* CSS height:inherit now inherits the computed value.
* Scripts in framesets now execute onload.
* Manipulating content inside about:blank will now change the address of about:blank to match that of the manipulating page.
* Introduction of developer tools.
* Fix for character encoding inheritance issue with frames, which could enable cross-site scripting. See the advisory.
* Fixed an issue regarding handling of FTP PASV response, as reported by Mark at bindshell.net
* XMLHttpRequest now treats separate ports on the same server as a different server. Issue reported by Egmont Koblinger.
* Fixed an issue where scripts could continue to run after leaving the page, as reported by Herrmann Manuel.
* Skandiabanken.no’s message about successful certificate installation is now shown.
* Multiple stability fixes.
* Voluntary, anonymous usage statistics reporting feature added.
* Flickr Organizr now works correctly in Opera.
* Fullscreen movies on YouTube now start.
* Images with broken exif data now display.
* Saving big images should now work more reliably.
* When specifying address:port without specifying the protocol, “http://” is once again inferred.
* Added support for the optional “key” in BitTorrent tracker requests.