K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codec is short for Compressor-Decompressor. Codecs are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video. It is designed as a user-friendly soluction for playing all your video files. You should be able to play all the popular movie formats and even some rare formats. Remember to uninstall any previous versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack before installing a new one.
– Updated ffdshow to revison 1112
– Added CoreAVC [version 188.8.131.52]
– The QuickTime ActiveX control for Internet Explorer is now listed as a separate component in the installer.
– The RealMedia ActiveX control for Internet Explorer is now listed as a separate component in the installer.
– Removed LAME CLI/DLL
– Removed LameDropXPd
– Removed OggDropXPd
– All three above are now available as separate installers
– Removed MP3 Source
– Removed ShoutCast Source
– Removed FLAC filters
– Removed Monkey’s Audio filters
– Added DC-Bass Source [version 1.00]. This filter replaces the above four removed audio filters. It additionally adds support for the following audio formats: True Audio (.tta), Alac (.alac) and Tracker (.mod .it .xm .umx. s3m .mtm .mo3).
– Removed MMCompView
– Updated MusePack decoder to version 184.108.40.206
– Added RadLight OptimFROG audio decoder [version 220.127.116.11]
– Added CDDA Reader [version 18.104.22.168]
– Added CDXA Reader [version 22.214.171.124]