Soulseek is a unique ad-free, spyware free, and just plain free file sharing application. One of the things that makes Soulseek unique is the community-related features. Based on peer-to-peer technology, virtual rooms allow you to meet people with the same interests, share information, and chat freely using real-time messages in public or private. Soulseek, with its built-in people matching system, is a great way to make new friends and expand your mind!
* private and room chat logging. to open the chat log text file of a
room, right-click the room window and select “Open Chat log”. the
same can be done for a user’s chat log from their user context menu.
chat log files are stored in the soulseek installation folder in the
room_chat_logs and private_chat_logs folder. to turn off chat
logging, go to general options.
* separate graphics for the different tray alerts (private chat/room
* private room operators can now be assigned by the room owner. room
operators can add and remove room members. option of making a user
a room operator is available in their context menu if they are
already room members.
* client configuration data is now saved to registry instead of file
to hopefully eliminate configuration data loss in the future.
* fixed a crash bug in the p2p module. the crash is not triggered by
any specific action.
* eliminated slowdown and possible crash when indexing large numbers
of shared files.
* when new port is generated (usually when the client is first
installed), the client offers to take you to a webpage that checks
to see if your port is accessible.
* client warns you if you’re running low on diskspace, triggered if
a download is initiated, either manually or automatically, and you
have less than 50 megabytes left on your download drive.
* message all buddy list users option added to buddy list context
menu. no risk of server ban (see next item).
* message all downloading users is now implemented in a way that won’t
trigger a server ban.
* added 10 second timeout between peer connect retries to avoid
repeated connection failures.
* search history list no longer shows duplicate searches.