K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codec is short for Compressor-Decompressor. Codecs are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video. It is designed as a user-friendly soluction for playing all your video files. You should be able to play all the popular movie formats and even some rare formats. Remember to uninstall any previous versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack before installing a new one.
Changelog 4.1.7 -> 4.2.5
* Added Media Player Classic Home Cinema version 1.1.843. This version of MPC has some new functionality. Such as internal DXVA decoders for H.264 and VC-1 video, and support for the video renderer EVR. At this moment the regular version of MPC is still included and used by default. Once the Home Cinema version becomes more stable, it will become the default.
* Please read the FAQ if you want to use the DXVA functionality of MPC-HC. All requirements to make it work are explained in there.
* Updated Media Player Classic to version 220.127.116.11 rev. 82
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2202
* Removed libtheora and tremor plugins for ffdshow. Libavcodec is used instead.
* Updated RealMedia components to version 18.104.22.1686
* Updated LAME MP3 ACM codec to version 3.98.2
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.7.7
* When creating file associations for WMP/BS.Player/ZoomPlayer, the icon of the player is used as filetype icon. The MPC style icons are now only used when associating files to MPC.
* Minor changes