Paint.NET is a photo and image editing tool designed for computers running Microsoft Windows XP or Windows 2000. It serves the digital imaging community as a free alternative to the standard paint application included with Windows. It brings powerful features to the desktop, a myriad of special effects, plug-in extensibility, and layer manipulation. It enhances the image editing experience for tablet owners with Windows XP Tablet Ink support. Digital photographers and artists can enhance their images with features and effects such as levels adjustment, cross-layer cloning, anti-aliased tools, motion blur, and red eye removal.
* Fixed: Crash when trying to save a palette with a blank name
* Fixed: Changing an image’s DPI resolution did not set its “dirty” flag (you would not be asked to save changes)
* Fixed: Error messages at startup were covered by the splash screen
* Fixed: Crash when a modal dialog was open (such as an effect) when the user tried to logoff/restart/shutdown Windows, and they chose to save their images
* Mitigated some CPU usage issues when the app was minimized and a complex selection was active