Pidgin is an instant messaging program for Windows, Linux, BSD, and other Unixes. You can talk to your friends using AIM, ICQ, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, and Zephyr.
* Added support for offline messages for AIM accounts (thanks to Matthew Goldstein)
* Fixed various problems with loss of status messages when going or returning from idle on MySpaceIM.
* Eliminated unmaintained Howl backend implementation for the Bonjour protocol. Avahi (or Apple’s Bonjour runtime on win32) is now required to use Bonjour.
* Partial support for viewing ICQ status notes (Collin from ComBOTS GmbH).
* Support for /notice on IRC.
* Support for Yahoo! Messenger 7.0+ file transfer method (Thanumalayan S.)
* Support for retrieving full names and addresses from the address book on Yahoo! Japan (Yusuke Odate)
* The AIM/ICQ server-side preference for “allow others to see me as idle” is no longer unconditionally set to “yes” even when your libpurple preference is “no.”
* Fix SSL certificate checks for renewed certificates
* Fix the ability to set vCard buddy icons on Google Talk/XMPP
* D-Bus fixes on 64bit
* Fixed retrieval of buddy icons and setting of server-side aliases on Yahoo! and Yahoo! Japan when using an HTTP proxy server (Gideon N. Guillen)
* Fixed an MSN bug that would leave you appearing offline when transferred to different server
* Added the ability to theme conversation name colors (red and blue) through your GTK+ theme, and exposed those theme settings to the Pidgin GTK+ Theme Control plugin (Dustin Howett)
* Fixed having multiple alias edit areas in the infopane (Elliott Sales de Andrade)
* Save the conversation “Enable Logging” option per-contact (Moos Heintzen)
* Typing notifications are now shown in the conversation area
* Color is used in the buddylist to indicate status, and the conversation window to indicate various message attributes. Look at the sample gntrc file in the man page for details.
* The default keybinding for dump-screen is now M-D and uses a file request dialog. M-d will properly delete-forward-word, and M-f has been fixed to imitate readline’s behavior.
* New bindings alt+tab and alt+shift+tab to help navigating between the higlighted windows (details on the man page).
* Recently signed on (or off) buddies blink in the buddy list.
* New action ‘Room List’ in the action list can be used to get the list of available chat rooms for an online account.
* The ‘Grouping’ plugin can be used for alternate grouping in the buddylist. The current options are ‘Group Online/Offline’ and ‘No Group’.
* Added a log viewer
* Added the ability to block/unblock buddies – see the buddy context menu and the menu for the buddy list.
* Fixed a bug preventing finch working on x86_64